The World Gold Council ("WGC") recognises the importance of protecting the privacy of visitors to (and registrants on) this website and other professional contacts. ?We have created the following policy guidelines to let you know how we collect and use your personal information.
Information About Website Visitors & Registrants
WGC collects information about visitors and registrants:
- during your registration for GoldHub, such as your name, address, email address, job title and employer organisation;?
- regarding your participation in contests, polls, downloading research, use of tools we provide including portfolio modelling and valuation simulators and downloading website materials; and
By using this website you understand that WGC and its affiliates are: (a) using your personal data; and (b) sharing your personal data with third parties, as described below.
Information About Professional Contacts
If you have had contact with WGC personnel, for example by meeting a WGC representative and providing your business card, WGC may store your personal information, such as your name, job title, employer organisation, contact details and any meeting notes. ?We will collect and store this information for the purposes of:
- maintaining a record of contacts;
- developing our professional relationship with you;
- inviting you to events and organising meetings between you and our representatives; and
- for the applicable purposes described below (‘Use of information’).?
Use of Information
WGC will not share any personal information of its visitors, registrants or business contacts, with any third party without permission unless it is lawful for us to do so.?
- WGC uses visitors' IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer the website, to provide you with our website, to power security measures and related services relating to your access to the website, or to communicate with you about operational changes to the website or our services.?
- We also use it to gather broad demographic information about our visitors in general. This information does not contain anything that can identify individuals.?
- We combine demographic information supplied by a subscriber at registration with site usage data to provide profiles, in aggregate form, about our visitors and their preferences in the content of the site and advertising. ?We may share this composite information with our advertisers to help them better understand our services, but the WGC does not give advertisers information about individual visitors. Using e-mail addresses provided at registration or otherwise.?
- WGC periodically sends out e-mail newsletters and promotional e-mails about services and publications offered by this website and its advertisers to subscribers and professional contacts. We will not send these emails unless individuals have given us their consent to do so as part of the website registration process or it is otherwise lawful for us to do so. If you do not wish to receive these emails, you have the option to unsubscribe at any time and we will respect your wishes. You can exercise this option by contacting us or by following the instructions for unsubscribing included in each e-mail. ?Third parties will not contact our visitors through the use of our e-mail newsletter lists except through advertisements within the newsletters themselves, or unless visitors ask to be placed on a list to receive e-mail from our advertisers on subjects of interest.
- We also use it to support our market development activities and interactions with subscribers and professional contacts, including preparing and distributing reports, presentations and studies that may be prepared with the assistance of third parties. When data is shared with such third parties, it will be aggregated or anonymised.
- We use your information to enable us to run competitions and offers for which registrants have signed up, about which we need to be able to communicate with you.?
- We will collect any feedback or complaints you provide to us and will invite you to undertake surveys about our services. We may use independent research and feedback providers to do so on our behalf.?
- We will need to use your information to respond to any questions, suggestions, issues or complaints you have raised with us.?
The personal information we hold about visitors and professional contacts may be shared with (a) companies who process personal information on WGC’s behalf, such as providers of cloud hosting solutions; (b) professional advisors, such as accountants, lawyers or other consultants; and (c) other companies in our group.?
WGC may disclose visitors’, registrants’ or professional contacts’ personal information if, in our opinion, such disclosure is required (i) by law, (ii) to protect and/or defend the WGC’s rights and/or (iii) to protect the personal safety of any individual. In addition, in the event that all or substantially all of WGC's stock and/or assets are transferred or sold to another entity, the WGC may transfer visitors’, registrants’ and professional contacts’ personal information to the acquiring entity.
Links to Other Sites
Third Party Website & Data Sharing Practices?
We encourage users to collaborate with and engage with others by discussing financial and investment opinions, information and experience. You understand and agree that any such information that you provide through the website or otherwise, including, for instance, as part of your profile or while interacting with other users, will be publicly available, and that other users may use and reproduce such information. We have no control over the use by other users of the information that you voluntarily disclose to the public. We may access information about you from third-party sources and platforms (such as service providers, agents, social networking sites, databases, online marketing firms, and ad targeting firms).
Legal Bases for Processing
In accordance with data protection law, we are obliged to inform you that we are using your information as described in this privacy notice on one or more of the following legal bases:?
- you have given your consent to us using your information, for example, for the purposes of of sending you our marketing material;?
- the use is necessary to perform a contract between us or to take steps which you requested us to take before entering into a contract;?
- the use is necessary to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject, for example, asking you to confirm which country you are based in, for our compliance purposes;?
- the use is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, including developing business relationships with our professional contacts, and also understanding visitors to our website in order to run it efficiently and provide content and services which are effective in promoting our organization and its aims.?
Personal Data Security
We maintain appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
You have the right in certain circumstances to:
- withdraw your consent where you have given your consent to us to use your personal information for certain purposes. You have the right to withdraw this consent at any time by contacting us using the contact details set out in the "Contact Us" section. This will not affect the lawfulness of any use of your information that we make before you withdraw your consent.?
- access your personal information to understand whether we hold information about you and, if so, for us to give you certain details about that information and/or the information itself. This is commonly known as a subject access request. If you would like to make a subject access request, please contact us via e-mail or post at the details as set out in the "Contact Us" section below;?
- restrict the processing of your personal information if one of the following applies to you: ?
- you contest the accuracy of the information that we hold about you, while we verify its accuracy;
- we have used your information unlawfully, but you request us to restrict its use instead of erasing it;
- we no longer need the information for the purpose for which we collected it, but you need it to deal with a legal claim; or
- you have objected to us using your information, while we check whether our legitimate grounds override your right to object
- require the correction of any inaccurate or incomplete information;?
- object to the processing of your personal information on the basis of our legitimate interests;?
- require us to erase your personal information without undue delay if one of the following applies, unless it is necessary to use your personal information to comply with a legal obligation or to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim: ?
- the information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we collected it;
- we need your consent to use the information and you withdraw your consent;
- you object to us using your information: for the purposes of understanding the visitors to the website and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing;
- you unsubscribe from our marketing communications;
- we have used your information unlawfully;
- the information must be erased for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.?
- port your personal information under certain circumstances;?
If your website registration information changes, you should click through to the "Update Your Profile" section of our website and update your personal information. ?Or, if you want us to delete your registration you can contact us at the address below.
Retention of Personal Information
The period for which WGC will retain personal information will vary depending on the purposes that it was collected for, as well as the requirements of any applicable law or regulation. We will then either securely delete it or anonymise it so that it cannot be linked back to you.?
International Transfers of your Personal Information?
WGC has operations throughout the world. As such, the personal information that we hold may be transferred to, and stored at, a country outside of your country of residence, including countries outside of the EEA, such as the U.S. and Singapore. Where personal information is transferred to WGC group companies or third parties outside of the EEA, we will ensure that those transfers take place in accordance with applicable data privacy laws (including by means of data transfer agreements with recipients). ?
For more information about how your personal information may be transferred, please contact us using the information below.?
WGC is not responsible for the content or the privacy polices of websites to which it may provide links or the websites of its advertisers.
WGC uses all reasonable precautions to keep the personal information disclosed to us secure and to disclose such information only to responsible third parties after permission from the individual or as otherwise permitted by applicable laws and the terms of this notice.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, or the practices to which it relates, you can contact us at [email protected] or by writing to us at the World Gold Council, 7th Floor, 15 Fetter Lane, London EC4A 1BW, UK.?
You have the right to lodge a complaint with any applicable supervisory authority. In the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). However, we would appreciate the chance to put this right for you first. Please contact us using the details set out above. We will do our very best to answer any question and resolve any complaint to your satisfaction. If, for whatever reason, you feel we do not meet the high standards we expect of ourselves, you have a right to complain to the ICO (www.ico.org.uk). ?